Saturday, March 23, 2013

Space! And Science!

This weekend we drove up to Huntsville to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center.
We've been meaning to go for ages, and I wasn't going to let anything prevent us from going... apparently not even a sinus infection. It sounds like there are rockets in my ears, seriously.
 
Mark's favorite thing was the space shuttle. The tank and boosters have been in space! The shuttle is one they used to practice. I found out Mark likes authenticity as much as I do. When I found out that hardly anyone displays the real dinosaur bones I was livid...
Mark was sad about a lot of the rockets.
 
 We are astronauts! Someone can photoshop Mark's face in the 3rd suit. I was laughing so much.
 Gigantic!
 What's a space center without Darth Vader? Not a space center.
 Obligatory car picture.
 Evelyn loved this gravity demonstration. Her little eyes followed the ball so well. She was mad when we wanted to leave. She's getting pretty bossy.


 I have never seen this smile of Evelyn's before. I especially love the rocket coming out of her head. I think the photography term is "merging." But I could be wrong.
 Some serious weapons.



 Mark guarantees this granite marker for the Challenger comes from Utah--the same stone the SLC Temple is made from. He wasn't carrying a magnet to prove it. "What kind of geologist are you?" He said, "I'm not a geologist."
 Giant missile.
 See this grumpy fit? Evelyn decided she needed to walk around holding onto two fingers of a parent. Any deviation from this plan and there was a tantrum. The girl is spoiled. Yikes.
 But she was so cute walking around. So I guess it was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment