Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Its one of those nights, where I've actually finished my homework (it took episodes IV-VI of Star Wars, as I like to have some background entertainment for the non-analytical side of my brain) and Mark is at work. I probably should be cleaning or studying some more (no way, Jose!) so this is why I am blogging.

Speaking of Mark's work, they've asked him to use some of his engineering experience to run calculations that will save the owner of the store where he works approximately $79,000.00 and this has been preoccupying my mind. Where did I find such a brilliant hubby? Also, can I have a slice of those savings? (Did you know that Mark's place of work employs 3 civil engineers to determine traffic patterns and best placement to build new stores? My hubby thinks this would somehow be an embarrassing job. Oh well.)

My muscles hurt from all of the intense exercise that I am doing, as prescribed by my last pretend physician. I call him pretend, but my check from the study came in the mail and that's pretty real.

Other things going on in my life? I'm mad at the snow. Its hot in my house, which is making me uncharacteristically happy. I'm working on a special drawing for Christmas. This, coupled with the snow, and seeing my first holiday season commercial, has me wishing Christmas was closer. I'm very anxious for this semester to be over. Even though Mark's life will be much crazier next semester. One of the classes he's taking is taught by a crazy man who assigns a 25 page paper a week, along with many assignments and quizzes, daily. His friend who took this class (Rock Mechanics I, I think) once stayed at the university for four days straight, working on his homework. All these stories that he tells me seem to insane to be true. But after witnessing the daily life of Mark this semester, I believe it. I just wish I could help.

Ta-Da!

1 comment:

  1. Very impressed with updating the blog! i started and the top and working my self down while my pictures are uploading onto the my blog!
    Benjamin is having a hard time deciding about being an architect or an electrial engineer. And sometimes the things he learns at school just astounds me. He graduates in May so with his last semester starting right before the baby is born scares me! Taking a full class load and working :( But at least it might be over soon! Silly school-cant wait to be done. I was semi upset that I walked into walmart today to buy some half off halloween stuff and I was handed a Christmas add-no way-too early!

    ReplyDelete