Saturday, July 7, 2012

Baby Faces













I'm so in love with Evelyn's little baby face. She can be so expressive. She changes so fast! She's been discovering her little tongue. She grabs at things and kicks when she's mad. She does this really funny smile that's pictured under the super sad face. She has the best smiles. She smiles in her sleep, when she's waking up, after she's fed, and when you talk to her. Once you whip out the camera she stares at that and isn't so smiley, so you have to be super quick on the smile shots! She didn't used to do that, but oh well.

Oh, the sad face. I see that sad face a lot, usually in the late afternoon to early evening. The worst part is that she looks right at me and wails and there's nothing I've found that makes her little tummy stop gurgling. I'm hoping she grows out of that really soon. Statistically, they say just a few more weeks?

I love that Evelyn has eyes the exact shade as Mark's. Maybe I secretly love that she's been super clingy after she had her shots and wants to cuddle all the time. I like carting her around in her carrier as I try to do cleany-things. It cracks me up when she gets bored or mad when I sit down.

I find myself day dreaming about playing pretend or reading stories with a more grown up baby girl. I find myself in awe of how much she's grown already. Part of me wishes she could stay just how she is, fitting into her tiny clothes and telling stories with her adorable baby voice. Love, love, love. We are so glad she's ours.

1 comment:

  1. She is such a sweetheart! I love that girl! And now I can't believe how much some of those sweet baby faces look like Elsie too! Yay cousins!

    ReplyDelete